Billing and Provisioning
Forthnet exploited its expertise in the management of customer services provisioning and support in order to develop a software adapted to the company?s special needs related to billing and management of services that bundle voice telephony, Internet access, content services, applications and other. This software is called FOrthnet Billing Application (FOBIA).
From a simple system that allowed the calculation of usage and the billing of Internet access services, FOBIA became - through R&D activities for the period 1999-2008 and since then through the Group Information Technology Direction- an integrated billing platform for multiple telecommunication and telematic services, with characteristics such us:
- systems and applications for services activation
- real-time rating
- management of multiple services combination
- revenue assurance applications
- high degree of parameterisation and control in data and functions
- prepaid services management
- flexibility and speed at the configuration and correlation of pricing policies with products and contracts
- contracts management
- management and clearing of third party sales
- electronic Bill Presentment & Payment directly to the customer
- expandable and customisable architecture in respect to the Group needs
- interconnections with multiple external systems (ERP,CRM) and network devices
- interconnection on the basis of the technical features that characterise a service and a customer contract.
The project was developed using a combination of OpenSource technologies, object-oriented programming languages (C++, Java/J2ΕΕ), relational databases (SybaseTM και OracleTM) and workflow management platforms.
Forthnet BSS platform is fully integrated into the support structures of Forthnet Group and consists the backbone; every new service is integrated across its life cycle: contracting, configuration, provisioning, activation / deactivation, accounting, billing, invoicing, payment.
The development and evolution of billing platform internally (inhouse) within the Group gave the required flexibility to adapt with low-cost, multiple and dynamically changing telecommunication and other technological solutions, that require adjustments for the integration and automation of their related functions.